Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

New Zealand couple grows worlds biggest potato

 Hello readers,

Today I am going to be showing you my work on my kiwi kids news article. On my blog I have posted a kiwi kids news article about meeting a dog having the longest ears. I have written an article now about the biggest potato. I hope that you enjoy my work! Here is my work!




New Zealand couple grow worlds biggest potato 

 Link



Recall Questions:
Question: Who is the main person or group of people in this news article?
Answer: Collin and Donna Craig-Brown

          Question: What was the key event from this news article?
           Answer:  Collin and Donna Craig-Brown found a massive potato that weighed just under 8kjs, and it may have been a new world record.

           Question:  Where did this event take place?

Answer: In the garden

Question: When did this event take place?
Answer: November 7, 2021






Thinking Questions:
Question: Find a quote from the main person in this news article?
Answer:  The potato, which must have been growing for a couple of years before being discovered, weighed 7.89kg.  
Question: In your own words describe what happened in this news article
Answer: On November 7th Collin and Donna Craig-Brown were cleaning their vegetable garden and they found a massive potato. They said that it weighed just under 8kgs. 


Question: Find out where this event took place and include some information about this place
Answer:  In the garden


Question: Tell us when this event happened and explain what might happen in the future 
Answer:  It happened November 7th 2021. What I think will happen in the future is that they would get the highest record for a potato. 

 
Question: Explain in your own words why this event took place
Answer: Because they want to show everyone  


10 word summary

Potato

Collin

Donna

Garden

Doug

Grown

Massive

Biggest

Vegetable

Weighed





9 comments:

  1. Hey Angel, Is there really a big potato. Have you done your 10 word summary because I can not see your 10 words summary. Could you just add that please. I have nothing else to say but you have done a good work on your article. I hope you are having a great day. Bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yavnit,
      Thanks for commenting on my blog. I have forgotten to add my 10 word summary. Thanks for noticing that. I will see if I could add that in. -Have a nice day from Angel.

      Delete
  2. Hey Angel,
    Thanks for posting your 10 word summary. Have you checked my blog post of the article? I have a question. Who said the quote in your thinking question? I sometimes count the 10 word summary to make sure that it was 10 words. I hope you are having a great day. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what they plan on doing with the potato after they have had it looked at by the record people.
    Maybe they could turn it into salt and vinegar chips-my favourite.
    What flavour chips do you like Angel?.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to reading your next post Angel.Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to reading your next post Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best with the last week of school Angel.I hope it's memorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just leaving this message to let you know that I have had a look at your blog today Angel.
    I wasn't sure if you had added any new post.
    Take care and good luck for 2022 :)

    ReplyDelete